We currently have the below vacancy available:
Part-Time Celebration Assistants (Job reference: PPNG02/19/IG/CHW)
16-20 hours per week, plus Sundays 10:30am-4pm on approx. four week rotation.
Pay: min wage rate, rising in April 2019.
Hallmark Celebrate's aim is to help our customers celebrate all life's occasions. Our company sells a range of exciting and innovative products both instore and online including:
- Greeting cards
- Party supplies
We want to become the first and only store customers need for our product offering. We understand that we all have many different types of relationships, and even in todays modern world, how an old tradition of sending a card is still more significant and heartfelt than any text or email. We want to keep the spirit of thoughtfulness and celebrating all life's occasions alive!
Hallmark Celebrate is seeking a Celebration Assistant who is reliable, friendly, with superior customer service and communication skills, IT literate and passion for retail for its stores. You will be expected to ensure that you deliver a friendly, knowledgeable and attentive level of customer service. This role is extremely varied, can be physically demanding, requiring a practical and confident person. The Celebration Assistant will also be expected to work overtime when necessary to fulfill customer orders and dispatches.
Key responsibilities and expectations will include:
- Understanding of celebrations and occasions
- Being flexible, a team player, with a positive can do attitude - comfortable working alone, key holding and cashing up
- Maintaining the store's appearance, including cleaning, tidying, stocking, security control and merchandising
- Entering product information onto the website
- Liaising with customers by telephone, electronically and face-to-face, handling a range of customer queries, providing customers with accurate information
- Processing customer orders instore and online using the EPOS system and website
- Ensuring post/couriers/orders/returns are dealt with daily
- Picking, packing, labelling orders accurately and complete all necessary paperwork ready for despatch
- Support other departments/deal with ad hoc tasks
Desirable skills, but not necessary to have:
- Balloon arts skills and/or qualifications
- Experienced in working in the greeting card, gifts, stationery and/or party supplies industries
- Sales experience, particularly B2B sales
- Retail experience
- Excellent time keeping
- Proactive positive attitude
- Willing to use initiative, be efficient and have accountability for businesses goals
- Customer and sales focused
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Flexible team player, with ability to work alone
- Good math skills and problem solving abilities
What we can offer you
- You’ll work in a supportive team in a fast paced, varied and fun environment where you get to support customers through purchases for special occasions in their life
- Staff development programme
- Holiday pay
- 15% staff discount
- Rewards for hard work and dedication and store performance, service and sales
Shift patterns are 9-1pm, 1-6pm and 4-6pm Mon - Sat, plus 10:30am-4pm Sundays. During peak seasons late night or early opening times will be required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information regarding the role.
Please click here to apply